Located in east Akron, off eastwood road, this abandoned concrete coaling tower was used to fill the tenders of steam engines with coal. The coal in turn was used to fire the steam engines.

Loaded coal cars would have been brought in and spotted (parked) under the covered shed where the coal cars would have emptied their load. It then would have travelled up the enclosed conveyor to the top where it fell into the curved shaped bin. Coal would then have been chuted down to the engine tender.

We're not sure when this was built, some sources say as early as the 1920's and it was probably in use until the 1950's